Thursday, June 01, 2006

Is Writing Like Sex?

Ever sat down around midnight and just poured words onto paper? Its like a brain orgasm when its good. It's nights like that, I want to hold onto forever and not stop writing. I finally finished the outline for my book last night. If any of you remember I started completely over a few months ago when I had someone edit and completely screwed up my head as far as my story line. My story all of a sudden wasnt my vision and I couldnt make the changes that were suggested. So I started over with the idea in mind to not make it so historical, so I dont have to be so history correct, and made it more fiction.
If your wondering what its about, think Wuthering Heights but in the times of Camelot. War, love, and death.
Midnight is my Muse II
A silent echo through the night
New born thoughts stolen in flight
A clock strike's twelve and hits a chord
Moving away instead of toward
Grab my hand come with me
Beyond this realm you will be free
Follow my lead he speaks with dark eyes
Feel the blackness of night deep in your mind
Close your eyes lift your face
Come with me to this special place
Absorb the breeze you feel in your soul
Bow to the night, answer the call
Fire and passion, words burst forth
Onto this paper with a vigilent force
Swirling colors in black and gold
Speaking of tales never before told
Feel the momentum, the rise and fall
Feel your energy, answer the call
The climax comes, loud and strong
The words pour onto the paper before long
You put down your pen and wait for the sun
Cherish these times that keep you young
The sweet morning air comes to intrude
Chasing away your beautiful muse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home