Thursday, June 01, 2006

Midnight is my Muse II

A silent echo through the night
New born thoughts stolen in flight

A clock strike's twelve and hits a chord
Moving away instead of toward

Grab my hand come with me
Beyond this realm you will be free

Follow my lead he speaks with dark eyes
Feel the blackness of night deep in your mind

Close your eyes lift your face
Come with me to this special place

Absorb the breeze you feel in your soul
Bow to the night, answer the call

Fire and passion, words burst forth
Onto this paper with a vigilent force

Swirling colors in black and gold
Speaking of tales never before told

Feel the momentum, the rise and fall
Feel your energy, answer the call

The climax comes, loud and strong
The words pour onto the paper before long

You put down your pen and wait for the sun
Cherish these times that keep you young

The sweet morning air comes to intrude
Chasing away your beautiful muse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home