Friday, December 16, 2005

King Howard

King Howard exits his kingdom and gets on that rocket ship heading into space on a satellite.
It seems like a national holiday around here, kids got today off from school, granted it was because of the weather, but its only raining so it kind of makes you wonder if the powers that be in the school system are glued to their Yahoo live video stream like the rest of us.
Husband took the morning off from work and is upstairs sniffling in front of the computer screen, placing his order on the internet highway for some "serius" radio.
This will be, in my house a day of mourning. A day that we will say goodbye to what they are calling Extraterrestrial Radio. Not by my choice, but by the choice of the FCC and what they feel we as Americans can hear or not hear, see or not see.
I personally am not a fan of Howards man whore ways, but I am a fan of the fight for keeping the government out of my house when it comes to what I can view or not view, hear or not hear.
I am very interested to hear what evolves with Satellite radio, it opens doors on diversity and freedom and slams the door on the FCC.
Take that Colon Powells son, you can peek your head out of Bush's pocket now, the enemy has left your world.
I wonder what Imus will do. Who will be the next king of ET. Will it just be a computer somewhere feeding us advertising and preprogrammed shows. The same 11 songs in a loop playing over and over? The news that they want us to hear, the FCC that is. I have to wonder, what this is going to do to the media as we know it.
Is this a step foward? Or a step sideways, sideways as in we are not going foward or back, but someplace different, someplace we may have never expected to be. Will it be good? Or will it be bad?
Its an "EPIC" moment we are experiencing.
Or maybe not.
Maybe this is taking that step away from EPIC. Breaking the cycle we have fallen into as a society.
Thats all I have to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rant on, Amy! I'm so glad that you're stepping out of the shadows and raising your voice to the heavens. It's a good voice, one that has unique and meaningful stories to tell.

Thanks for the posts. I look forward to more.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home