Friday, April 21, 2006

Echo of the Day

Memories of you linger with the pieces of me that never forgot
Life became complicated when my mind realized it was simple
People wait for no one
Love waits forever
Unsatisfied searching for what you never found
What is it you run from, you numb from
What is it you want for, you daunt for
Do you feel me smell me taste me burn for me
I know that feeling, that one surrounds your face
The unsatisfied longing of something you have never found
Is it there.............in the bottom..............of a bottle
Temporary relief from a self inflicted wound to your soul
I think not, I feel not, I bleed not
Echo's of the day you left on your quest into her
Stains from my tears burned my life for the next nine years
You never knew, how much I love you still
You never cared how much I love you still
You were searching, running, failing, and sailing
A gift you never took, I hung back on a hook
Cast back into a sea, to see what would come back to me
A love you cast into a tide, but from this you cannot run and hide
Because in the end, it all comes back around
Its love and it knows no bounds
So I quote the man with wings of a dove
In the end, all there is, is love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home