Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The hills are alive with the sound of......... nothing

Need to get out of the hills.
I think Im going to drag my husband down to New York City one weekend in the very near future.
I grew up 13 miles outside of Manhatten and just love the city.
Have you ever just stood on a street in New York and felt the city around you? You can. It vibrates and hums with life and energy like you wouldnt believe.
We used to go down almost every weekend then we forgot how to use birth control and I became The Old Women In The Shoe and it got to be a little to much trouble to even get to the corner store, never mind the city.
The last time I was down was in the spring of 2005, we went to a Yankee game then down to Times Square for a pizza and to Toys R Us, which is amazing in itself, 3 stories and a ferris wheel in the middle. A real candyland full of candy and people all over demostrating toys. A 30 foot dinasour that roars and moves and GI Joes that scale a wall up and down continuously. A whole room just for Barbi and a huge Lego Castle. Its an amazing place.
One of my favorite places in the city is Washington Square Park. The guys playing chess are more reliable then time itself, they are always there, the acrobats in the middle or the dancers putting on a show, I even saw a few comedians down there trying to spread the word of their name.I am bringing my camera and I would love to get a few candid shots of some of the people in the park.
The freaks and geeks of the Village are wonderful and there is a sidewalk cafe you can get a great burger at and have a beer and people watch for hours.
So if your close to the City and want to cause some trouble and get some real chinese food with me in a few weeks let me know.
I need to charge my battery with the energy of the city, Im due.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You deserve some re-creation time, that's for sure. Just remember: one TAKES a vacation, which implies being selfish and doing something just for yourself. In the long run, everyone around you benefits from the new and more tranquil you, so it's actually not totally selfish.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RUOK? Refinishing floors? Abducted by aliens? Seeking inner peace somewhere in India?

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope you're smiling.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home