Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thank you in Emotion

Thank you in emotion
I was wandering through my mind tonight, kicking around tumbleweeds and old cardboard boxes full of crap I had put away. I decided I needed to clean house.
So I got out the broom and started sweeping, dust bunnies were scattering like snow flakes in the wind. It wasnt long before I had a pile of dirt and dust and I picked it up in one fell swoop and dumped it out my right ear.
That left the boxes full of crap. There is a door in the back of this room if you walk though it, you will see aisles of file cabinets.
They go in order of emotions.
I look at the boxes I have never put away and start to think about where to file them. Do they go under anger? I have plenty of room in the anger files, I try not to use them too much. I am feeling angry about these boxes so its a maybe.
I think about sad, I look at the 2 aisles of sad. Thinking sad gets too much of my catch all I decide its not appropriate to put these boxes in sad, these boxes deserves a permanent home so I never have to look at it again. I think about happy, there is plenty of happy in these boxes, but its clouded by regret. Regret is a huge possibility. Ill come back to that later.
I think about acceptence, this was always a struggle with these boxes, so I cant put it in there. Envy is not in play at all. Anticipation, that was short lived. Jealousy, never had a part, so thats a no. Remorse, was there for a bit, but only stopped in at the end to say Hi.
Sorrow, hmmm good one, its been with these boxes since the beginning, we will stick sorrow up on the board of possiblities. Disgust?? Maybe just a little, a smidge, not even on the radar when you compare it to sorrow and sad. Suprise? Well that came not to long ago, so its too new to hold any water. Boredom??? NO way, never had anything to do with these boxes.
That leaves Love, Joy, Hope, Fear and Guilt. 5 emotions I can live with for these boxes. I have opened these boxes, I touch your face and hug you close. I break the files up into sections, Joy for all of the joy you brought me for all of those years, Hope for what I have for your future as you walk through the rest of your life, Guilt, I have carried guilt around for 10 years after I left you standing on that curb then watched you succumb to a life that almost destroyed you, Fear, what I lived with for many years till this past September till we gave each other the greatest gift we could have ever given each other, the gift of forgiveness, which brought us back to Love. I will seal this box with Love and I am filing it away in a new aisle. It will be the only box in this aisle and will be a memory of every emotion that made up who we were together.
When these boxes are gone and my mind is full of laughing children, warm hugs, and a funny man who makes me laugh every day
I will remember to come back when I need to and visit, to remember where we came from and how we were made into who we are today. I will leave you with one emotion, gratitude. Gratitude for being strong, gratitude for seeing the sense in life when I could not, and for being after all was said and done, a friend. Thank you for being the strong one this time and not letting me fall.
Thank you
APD ©

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home