Thursday, January 05, 2006

Any Cheese with that Wine

Any cheese with that whine? Current mood: thankful
I feel like a selfish spoiled whining brat right now. One of the women on my quilting group on Yahoo went through 3 rounds of Chemo and just completed radiation and was given a clean bill of health on Wed of last week. Friday her husband went to her Quilt Shop to open up for her in the morning and the whole building blew up. Seems they had a ventless propane heater inside that leaked all night, when he opened the door in the morning KABOOM. He was thrown quite a distance and is going to be OK but she lost her whole entire business along with many heirloom quilts which cannot be replaced.

Now granted she has plenty to be thankful for, her health is coming back and her husband lived.

But when I think of the stupid shit I complain about day in and day out I feel like a complete and utter selfish ass.

So I tell my husband what happened and he says to me “but honey its part of your charm”. Since when is whining part of anyones charm. He told me I have made an art form out of it and if I stopped he would think I had gotten a lobotomy. I guess my complaining amuses him as much as his whining amuses me. What a sick twisted relationship!! (we only do this much whining 10% of our married life so don’t think it’s a big whine fest all day it is not).
So I am going to honor my friend and my husband and try and whine and complain with style from here on out.

No more mediocre complaining, no more hum drum bitching and moaning, I will be giving it all the passion and fire it so deserves and then some!!

I truly believe if I am going to whine I HAVE to make it worth everyones while.

So please if you notice my complaining getting a little stale or old, please let me know so I can pepper it with spice adjectives and smarmy little quotes.

Thank you and goodnight……………………next show is at 11 (jk)


PS I sewed all day and needed to write something before I went to bed and out of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home