Friday, December 23, 2005

Hold that second thought

Chirstiana has discovered she can speak. Its been a week and the words are pouring out of her mouth like little superballs out of a machine, they are bouncing and reverberating all over the house!!
The little door in her brain that held back all of the words for so long has been opened.

I would say I dont know why, but I will admit here that since she has been sick her seizure meds have only been getting into her once a day for weeks now. The fog must have lifted from her brain.
Now that her sugar is under control I havent noticed a seizure in forever, so I put a call into the DR to tell them of my deed. This way if its wrong, we can come to a different conclusion. Those meds are holding her back. She even tried to stand last night after pulling herself up on the coffee table, its like she has realized laying there and just smiling is not good enough for her, she now wants more out of life!

She greeted my son as he walked into a room last night "Hi Chris", she looked at her sister the night before and said" awe sister".
I asked her where daddy was and she said "upstairs". I called her Shrimpy last night and she said "what".

This is a kid who had a 20 word or less vocabulary as of a month ago. She is counting to 13, saying her ABC's, saying hi to all of her PBS friends on TV, Barney, Elmo, Sagwa, LaLa.
She tried to read along with Walter the Farting Dog and was calling out for Howard, Walters owner.

I am marveling at all she has learned over the past 4 years and has not been able to communicate to us. How frustrating for her.

Miracle for Christmas this year again. My husband asked what I wanted last night I told him nothing, I have what I want, he insisted on getting me something, I told him nothing 6 times, he broke me down, I said ok get me a crockpot. Whats wrong with me I should have said that Mercedes 900!! Like I had a chance anyway LOL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! Your flower has opened her delicate petals to the sun! Quite a Christmas miracle.

Apparently you're a bit in shock from it: a crockpot? Come on, now.

I hope Santa has sense enough to drop by a jewelry store instead.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home