Thursday, December 22, 2005

Savannah

When your signifigent other leaves a pamphlet and a letter about a conference that is being held in Savannah in May, in the field that you used to be in, you have to wonder the motive.

Does he want me to go back to work? Does he want me to get back into that line of work?

Does he realize what that would mean? I am not a person who can just go to work and come home at 5 pm and be mom. I am a die hard work-a-holic. I am a wring the life out of the day till there is nothing left to get, and go to sleep with it still on my mind, dream it, wake up eat it for breakfast and start all over again.

Me being home with the kids has reinvented me into a totally different person.

Ive blogged this before. I have seen the career women/mom, I was that person, my son may have never wanted for anything material, but he didnt have the full time mom these other three have now, and to me that is more important then any paycheck or job desciption.

My paycheck now is peace of mind, my kids know me, my kids dont have more fun at the babysitters then with me. Hell I dont even have a babysitter other then my mom on occasion.

My priorities have changed, they involve things that will matter in 20 years, not just next week.

My house is clean, dinner is cooked every night without being thrown together last minute, laundy is not piling up with a big mental sign in it that reads "I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND ALL DAY SUNDAY".

I like my life now.

Does he want me to go to work so we have 2 incomes? Is he getting tired of the stress of doing all on his own? I think so. Does he need back surgery and is putting it off because we cant afford for him to be out of work now? Yes. Would life be better financially if I went back to work?? Yes.

Would this benefit my kids and I? No. Bottom line. No, it would not. Not where things count.

Back surgery?? Well he is going to have to bite the bullet and finally get his lawyer to settle his workmans comp case. Then he can take the time off.

I wont sacrifice a life with my children again. I have a great relationship with my oldest, he is awesome. But I feel pain when I look at him and I think of all the things he missed out on, all of the things I missed out on.

Sacrifice, its always been a big part of my life. I suppose with everyone it is.

Ive sacrificed alot.

Finding priorities and doing the right thing.

Priorities, I wont sacrifice my priorities again, and I will always try my best to do the right thing.

Its like throwing a dart at a map and praying we hit the right road.

Sacrifice, what has your sacrifice been in your life? I think its a great blog subject.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In Dead Again, Robin Williams says, "Someone is either a smoker or a nonsmoker. There's no in-between. The trick is to find out which one you are, and be that."

Not long ago I realized that it was time to stop trying to be a corporate man. It wasn't working, and I was clinging to that identity because it was the model I had grown up with and all I had known as a working adult. When I decided to become a freelancer, it was a rebirth of sorts; the organization man was dead, and I felt free and content with my new identity.

A couple of weeks later, J spotted a posting for a full-time job that I was qualified for. It was tempting. But I realized that it was also a TEMPTATION. I held my ground and firmly but lovingly reminded her that---come poverty or prosperity---I had a new calling.

To paraphrase Jesus, who himself had to shun one identity for another, If you put your hand to the plow and keeping looking back, your garden will suffer for it.

Cultivate your own garden, Amy, and be at peace. Your little flowers will thank you for it one day.

9:40 AM  
Blogger A Farce called Life said...

I agree, the temptation on a scale of 0 to 100 is about 10%.

Not much, but enough to make me think about it. But thats about it. I am only willing to think about it. No more. And even the thinking part is minimal LOL.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, you. I sent you the info you asked for and deleted your comment.

As with anything else I might say or do, take what you need and leave the rest.

Good luck with your links.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home