Thursday, January 05, 2006

Inpirational Inspiration

Inspirational inspiration Current mood: restless
What inspires me, this is my thought as it passes midnight and heads to 2 AM with the blink of an eye.
I can think of a handful of things, one of them being loneliness, another is sadness. Those are my two major inspirers, kind of depressing isn’t it? I can’t help but think I am not the only one inspired by unhappiness. But there is the key point. Unhappiness. My loneliness or sadness does not make me unhappy. I actually feel like they are old friends, as comfortable as an old shirt that fits just right. I have learned to take these two emotions and make them work in my life. They have become key elements in my existence. I can be lonely in a room full of people. I can be lonely in a room full of people who love me, which is a real posing thought for me. Loneliness for me is always in the shadows. It sometimes just gets a little more dominant if I miss it too much and let it show its face in the light of day.
Sadness, I don’t share the same fondness for sadness as I do for loneliness, although don’t get me wrong it serves its purpose, it makes for some great poetry, lord knows morose is my middle name at times. It also makes for a quieter day for me. I welcome the quiet that sadness brings. It’s a nice change from my usual hustle and bustle, the chatter and the laughter. I enjoy a quiet sadness.

Then we can flip the coin and look at my brighter side, yes I have one. Funny, inspires me, I love funny. I love to laugh, as much as I love to cry. I fell in love with my husband’s sense of humor and married him on a whim because he made me laugh on the inside and the outside.
Then there is the joy of looking at situations from different angles and finding new sides to things. I love to look at something and look at it from a completely opposite side of the norm. What a wondrous way to see the world. You’re not looking through the eyes of status quo or the norm. What beauty I find in that simple act.

Love, love inspires me. As it does everyone else, nothing glamorous to talk about here. I have yet to be able to write anything very sensual yet though. I’ve always had a problem with stuff like that, I can’t even talk dirty, and I end up laughing like an idiot. I have tried it a few times, haaaaaaaaaa, what a joke, “I want to take my hand and run it up your ahahahahahahahahahaha” it’s a useless gesture. I don’t even try anymore. Poor guy.

The biggest inspiration I have found in life so far is people, all kinds of people, from the down right boring, to the outright ridiculous. Even a glance at someone’s bad hair day can bring me to the brink of insanity with the need to write it down, get it on paper before it slips away.

So that’s it, that’s what inspires me. What is the order of your inspiration, what makes you tick when it comes to writing, have you ever asked yourself this question?

I was inspired tonight by inspiration itself. Interesting.

APD©

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home