Saturday, June 17, 2006

Two Turns To One


Standing somewhere on the edge of my end
I think back to these words that came from my pen
Two seconds to fall is all it would take
Two seconds to fall and these walls they would break
A smile that mirrors the warm glow of the sun
Melted the tower that was built to escape a lonely love
One soul recognized the other I know that its true
Friends for eternity for all we have been through
Two seconds to fall is all it would take
Two seconds turned to one as these walls started to quake
One second is all left to end this martyrs plight
If I thought about loving you for the rest of my life

1 Comments:

Blogger Father Luke said...

What ruins friendships? Why doesn't love last? What's the best macaroni and cheese recipe?

I don't know.

But through it all I smile. It's enough.

Thank you for your poetry, Amy. Thank you for you.

Okay,
Father Luke

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home