Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Disfunction junction whats your function

Well, today was a day for the books.
I had a friend over for the day, it was supposed to be a day of girl talk, and comparing sewing projects, and a nice dinner.
Lets start with the fact my daughter decided she was going to be a big girl and stay up all night.
Ok so I watched teletubbies and Boobah till 4 am in the dark trying to her her to go to sleep.
I wake up at 10 am on the couch in a half assed position, she was on the floor on her little couch thing with pillows and blankets, apparently the husband found us snoozing and put her down afraid she would fall off the big couch.
So I had a kink in my neck and an incredibly strong desire to shave the sweater off my tongue that grew there over night.
I get up, go brush my teeth, pour a cup of coffee and thank god for the automatic timer.
Start cleaning and the family rises and all go outside, it was 60 degrees yaaa.
I figure Ill get alot done before Barbara gets here. I make a peach pie. The doorbell rings, I completely forget my daughters Occupational therapist is coming. So I let her in and she takes over with her for an hour
I run upstairs and take off all my clothes and im going to get in the shower.
I hear........MOMMMMMMMMMM DAD NEEDS YOU.......
This cant be good. I put on some clothes and got outside.
The fence, trellace and grape vine are all lying in the neighbors yard.
Uh oh
We had a ferocious wind storm and this was the result.
He needs my help putting it all back together and getting this array of heavy vines back on top.
I think, I have an hour and a half before Barb gets here this better be quick.
I ended up being the "hold this" person.
We got it done in an hour.
I rush inside, the girl leaves, pull the pie out of the oven. I hop in a 5 minute shower, run downstairs and start a spaghettie sauce.
She comes at 2, we have a glorious 2 hours of quilty fun, and thats when the shit hits the fan........................
The Outlaws show up.
Da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I set 2 extra places at dinner. We all eat, have dessert and thats when we realized my father in law forgot to take his meds today. He is quite belligerent and my husband is having a hell of a time not telling him to shut the fuck up. He takes his pills, valium, prozac, whatever he needs to get through the day, but its wayyy to late at this point.
He gets into a rip roaring fight with my husband and he got my husband so upset, he could barely talk. He was fighting with him over something about his dead grandmother, who has been dead for over 10 years.
The kids were crying, and my quiet innocent non italian friend is just sitting there saying, its ok, I dont mind I finally get to see this family in action first hand.
The Outlaws leave and my husband has blocked there phone numbers and faxed them a letter stating we never want to hear from them again.
We did this once before. It was the most peaceful year of my life.
My friend Barb stayed for another hour and we had a nice chat.
Then I got to call Karen and whine about it for an hour.
Thank god its over, WHAT A BUNCH OF LUNATICS.
My poor husband went and sat in a chair for an hour and didnt move or talk, I thought he was dead.
He said that he has had enough of them and there disfunction. When they made the kids cry that was the last straw.
The end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home